Monday, January 10, 2011

Thrifty Tip-Take care of what you already have....

This is a post from a year ago that I think is still really important!

I have to share a new thing I just found out about that would have saved me a lot of money over the past few years. I have killed 3 shredders in the past few years. I am not sure what I do but they tend to start smoking and stop working. I just invested in a new heavy duty shredder. While I was at Office Depot the sales associate asked if I had enough shredder oil. I had never heard of shredder oil before this moment. It seems that you need to oil the blades in the shredder to make sure that the shredder is lubricated and continues to work. I may be the only person who has not heard of this but just in case I wanted to share it with everyone. The bottle cost $4.99 and looks like it should last for a long time. It is a lot cheaper than having to buy a new shredder every 6 months which is what I was averaging.
Taking care of items in our homes means hopefully not having to invest in new ones. I think January is a great time to go through the house and do routine maintenance on things.
Here is my list of January maintenance
-Change air filters
-Vacuum out filter in purifier
-Soak toilet with vinegar to make sure there are no stains
-Wash dryer lint trap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment