Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spinach


I wanted to share with you some information I found out while grocery shopping this week. One of our biggest grocery expenses is fresh produce. We love having fresh produce in the house but struggle to make sure that we keep it as fresh as possible.
There are times it feels like I buy produce one day and the next morning it looks horrible in the fridge. I have started asking the produce employees at the grocery store for tips and tricks on how to keep everything as fresh as possible.

Today I am going to share what I learned about Spinach

I was told that the best way to keep spinach fresh is to wash it when you get home, pat it dry with paper towels, and then put it in a Ziploc bag that is lined with paper towels. The paper towels will absorb any excess moisture and keep the spinach fresh.

If any of you have any tips or tricks on keeping produce fresh and lasting longer please share them with the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment