Monday, February 7, 2011

Frugal February - Day 7 - Rebates


Frugal February - Day 7
Rebates

I love rebates! I think they are a great way to try out a new product for free or really cheap.
I wanted to share a few things I have learned about rebates

Make sure you read the entire rebate form
There are times that the small print really makes a difference.
I read a beer rebate last night that said that certain states did not have to buy the beer
listed. You only had to buy a certain amount of food and they would refund the rebate amount.

Check the rebate expiration date before you leave the store.
I made this mistake last week. I was really excited about a "new" rebate I found at the grocery store. I bought the product and came home ready to fill out the rebate form. I looked at the rebate form and found out that it expired 2 months ago!

Keep all of your rebate information in one spot
I am guilty of breaking this rule right now. I pulled a receipt out of John's wallet yesterday so I could fill out a rebate form. Well somehow from yesterday to today I have no idea were the receipt went. I am now tearing up the house trying to figure out what I did with it.
I try and keep all of my rebate information in 1 binder. I have a list of all rebates I have sent in and a file for rebates I want to send in.

Keep your receipts
You never know when you will find a new rebate. If you still have your receipt you can easily mail in the rebate without having to go out and make a new purchase.
I keep a file folder each month with my receipts. I keep them on hand for a few months just to make sure I don't miss out on a great rebate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment