Saturday, May 7, 2011

Who we are....


I thought I would share a little about us so you know who is writing this blog.
The photo above was taken in Grenada this past year.

We have a huge love of travel and try to get out of town as often as possible. The only way we are able to do this is with couponing and shopping the sales. We set aside a portion of our coupon savings towards travel. We have been blessed to visit many countries together and plan on continuing our tour of the world together as often as we can.

We started this blog to help friends, family and anyone else we can with saving money and using coupons.

Our path to using coupons and sales was unplanned and truly a blessing. The week we were married in September of 2008, we found out that my job was going to be moved outside of Spokane. We had to take a hard look at what our goals were as a couple and were we wanted to be. John works as a Park Ranger for the State of Washington and absolutely loves his job. We chose to stay in Spokane and not move for my job. This was a huge decision since I was the larger income coming in. We knew that if we were going to make it and keep living the life we loved we had to make some changes and choices. I started looking around the Internet to see what others were doing to save money. I started reading coupon sites and was amazed at the amount of money they were saving. Prior to this point I am not sure that I had ever used a coupon at the grocery store. I had used them at Macy's for discounts on shoes and clothes but not for food. It was a revelation that you could save so much money with coupons.

I started with one paper and a sale at the grocery store and was amazed that I had saved so much money. I was quickly hooked on using coupons and saving money with them. I started stalking the websites and sales ads to see what I could save on. Over time I was talking about saving money and using coupons so much that people started asking how to do it. That is how Tammilee Tips was started. I wanted to find a way to share my love of coupons with everyone I knew. Over the past two years the site has grown and changed continually. I am constantly learning how to do new things and put more on the site.

Our goal with the site is to help others save money on the things they need so they have it for the things they want. This could be travel, paying off debt, going out to dinner, building up your savings or anything else. I am amazed every day at how much money can be saved with coupons and sales. I really hope that this site is able to help others live their lives to the fullest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE WAY YOU AND YOUR WIFE WORK TOGETHER ON SAVING MONEY,TO TRAVEL. THAT GREAT.NOW I AND MY WIFE LOVE TO START SAVING COUPON ALSO.PLEASE EMAIL ME ,AND GIVE ME SOME POINTER NO CLIPPING COUPON. leegardner1955@hotmail.com

Post a Comment