Friday, May 13, 2011

Coupon 101 - Coupon Organization

Coupon 101- Coupon Organization

Here is some quick information on organizing your coupons.

I think that coupon organization is one of the most important aspects of couponing.  You have to find a system that works for YOU! Every system is a little different. I started with envelopes and now use a large binder system.

Coupon Binder System
I use 2 binders currently. One if for food and the other for health and beauty, pet and misc.

Here are the categories in my Food Binder:

First Section:
I have pages for the stores that I shop at frequently. I pull the coupons that I know I want to use at each store and keep them in separate pages. This way I can easily grab them when I am at the store.

Second Section:
I have pages for any free coupons that I may have. I sort them by expiration date. I want to make sure that I do not lose out on the opportunity to pick up an item for free because it is mixed in with all the other coupons.

Here are the additional sections that I use in my binder. There are a lot of them because I find it easier to have them separated when I am in the store. I did not start off with this many sections. It has grown over time as I have been couponing.

-Breakfast
-Pillsbury
-Refrigerated
-Yogurt
-Meat
-Frozen
-Prepared Sides and Rice
-Condiments, Salad Dressing
-Pasta
-Soup
-Baking
-Candy
-Salty Snacks
-Granola Bars and Fruit Snacks
-Drinks
-Veggies
-Fruit
-PB&J/Bread

Health and beauty/misc binder
-Hair Care
-Soap
-Lotion
-Shaving
-Deodorant
-Oral Care
-Beauty
-Pets
-Cold/Medicine
-Air Fresheners
-Fem. Hygiene
-Dish Washing
-Laundry
-Surface Cleaners
-Paper/office
-Ziploc/Organization
-Baby
-Vitamins
-First Aid
-Misc

I use baseball card pages to separate my coupons. I have them in multiple sizes and shapes. If you live in Spokane or the surrounding area NW Sports Cards in the Spokane Valley offers a 10% discount to Tammilee Tips readers. They have a ton of different inserts with great prices.
You can also find baseball card inserts on Amazon. Here are a few of the ones that I use




0 Comments:

Post a Comment