Monday, June 20, 2011

Make It Monday - Banana Bread


Make It Monday - Banana Bread

Ingredients

1/3 Cup butter

1 Cup Sugar

1 Egg

3 Teaspoons Milk
(I use 8th Continent Vanilla Soy Milk. I really like the hint of vanilla flavor it adds to the bread)

1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

2 Cups Flour

1 Cup Mashed Bananas

Directions
Cream the butter and sugar together
Add the egg and milk
Add the dry ingredients
Add the bananas
Bake in a loaf pan for an hour at 350 degrees

Thrifty Tip
We end up with a lot of bananas around our house that are turning brown and not getting eaten. I mash these in a Ziploc bag and freeze them. That way I always have massed up bananas ready to go for banana bread.

This is an old family recipe that has been passed down on my Dad's side of the family.

If you have a recipe that you would like to share for Make It Monday please email me at
tammileetips2 at hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment