Sunday, July 3, 2011

Strategic Shopping- Make your own baby wipes

Strategic Shopping Sunday - Make your own baby wipes

I know many of you have babies and I wanted to share a tip I found on making your own baby wipes.
I know that baby products can be crazy expensive at times. I thought this was a great way to cut down on costs and know exactly what you were using.

What you will need
-Roll of heavy duty white paper towels
-Sharp knife
-1 1/2 cups water
-1 1/2 tablespoons baby oil
-1 1/2 tablespoons baby shampoo

How to do it
1. Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a knife and remove the inner cardboard core.

2. Mix liquid ingredients in container.

3. Place the paper towels in the container

4.Secure lid tightly and allow to sit until all liquid is absorbed into the paper towels.

5.Turn the container upside-down and allow to sit for 10 minutes.

6.Open container and 'start' the roll by pulling a towel from the inside of the roll.


7.Wipes are now ready to use.

Tips
Save the other half of the roll for use next time you make wipes.
Make sure the container is closed tightly after each use to prevent drying out.

1 Comments:

DisneyMom said...

I've seen this tip before but never tried it. I wonder if it really works.

Post a Comment