Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grean cleaners that save money

One of the things I find to be really expensive is household cleaners. I also worry about what I am flushing down the drain into our water sources. I started looking for some safer and cheaper alternatives. I thought I would share with you a few of them that I have found.


For clogged drains:
Pour 1/2 cup of dry baking soda followed by a 1/2 cup of vinegar down the drain. Cover the drain and wait 15 minutes. Pour 2 cups of hot or boiling water down the drain.

For Faucets and dirty ovens:
Sprinkle baking soda over the area (make sure it is cool), scrub with steel wool and water. Do not use this on glass stove tops.

For fabric stains:
try white vinegar or lemon juice

For hard water stains:
Use vinegar! If you have hard water stains around your faucets pour vinegar into a paper towel. Wrap the paper towel around the area with the stains. If your toilet has hard water stains. Pour vinegar into the bowl and let it sit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment