Monday, October 19, 2009

Joshua Bell CD "At home with friends" cd review

One2One Networks sent me a copy of Joshua Bell's new CD At Home with Friends. I was really excited to listen to this cd. He plays with amazing artists including Sting, Josh Groban and Chris Botti. This cd takes you on a musical journey. At times you are swept away with the classical tones of the music at other times you are on a journey around the world. I found myself looking forward to each new song to see what journey it was going to take me on. The cd is filled with ups and downs. You never really know what you are going to hear next.

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):

I Loves You Porgy featuring Chris Botti, trumpet
Come Again featuring Sting, vocals
Oblivion featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
Cinema Paradiso featuring Josh Groban, vocals
Para Tí featuring Tiempo Libre, various
My Funny Valentine featuring Kristin Chenoweth, vocals
Maybe So featuring Edgar Meyer Sam Bush and Mike Marshall, strings
Grieg: Sonata No. 3 featuring Sergei Rachmaninoff (Zenph re-performance)
Eleanor Rigby featuring Frankie Moreno, piano & vocals
O, Cease Thy Maiden Fair featuring Nathan Gunn, baritone
Il Postino featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
Left Hand Song featuring Regina Spektor, piano & vocals
Chovendo Na Roseira featuring Dave Grusin, piano
Look Away featuring Edgar Meyer, bass and Chris Thile, mandolin
Variant Moods: Duet for Sitar & Violin featuring Anoushka Shankar, sitar
I'll Take Manhattan featuring Marvin Hamlisch, piano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment