Saturday, January 2, 2010

January Pantry Challenge

There is a great challenge going around the web right now that I have decided to participate in. The January Pantry Challenge is focused on saving money and using what you already have in your pantry. I don't know about you but we have quite a stock pile of food right now.  So for January my goal is to only buy perishable products at the grocery store (If I can get something for free or ridiculously cheap I may have to buy it also). I will be using our stockpile to make our meals. We are also challenging ourselves to not eat out as often as we have been doing. I started this challenge yesterday and made it through! I was able to use items from our pantry for breakfast and lunch. We had dinner at a friends house last night. Instead of buying something to bring with us I made up fresh loaves of bread. I am going to try and make all of our bread this month. All of the money that is saved from not grocery shopping can go towards paying a bill or bumping up the savings account.
I hope that you will join me in this months challenge. I think this will be a great way to clean up the pantry and save money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment